I tried Microblading and this is what happened !!

by - March 09, 2017

I'm pretty fond of my looks, and I obviously care about them a big deal. I work out regularly, keep a healthy a diet that is all vegan, and of course, as a makeup artist and model, facial appearance is what I master the most. I know how to retain a flashy look, and if there is one thing I have learned over the years as makeup artist. It's that if your eyebrows are not in good shape, whatever you do with the rest of your face is basically frivolous.

But there is not one person that doesn't have a thing or two that they would like to change about their looks. To me, good eyebrows are an essential hallmark of facial beauty and mediocre care of this area is not going to leave you with desired results. It's not that I merely disliked how they looked but if you look at my real eyebrows. I know brows are brothers not twins, but please look at them! There is a not a cute gap between them.



But they were also pretty time-consuming. Before I leave the house every day, I have to make sure everything about me looks as perfect as it could get. I would never start my day, otherwise, no matter how long it takes me. Because of this, it would normally take me somewhere near two hours every morning to perfect the whole package, make-up, and eyebrows. I would especially spend a lot of time in the brow zone, trimming and defining. I have to do so, though, despite the fact that I'm a pretty busy guy (and I am a "pretty" busy guy. The Pun is totally intended :-) I actually have three jobs. I'm a manager at the Gap, a makeup artist at Sephora, and most importantly, I'm an aspiring model who's thankfully on the rise right now, which makes me looks' perfection not only personally sacred, but even professionally required.



You can confidently say it: "Matthew, you're too high maintenance." " 😁 with a slight eye-rolling I can also confidently tell you, it's  that you are not the first to look at me and think so. Actually, being a male to whom mediocre looks would not suffice, but rather are a big no-no, I'm used to the recurrent remarks, the likes of "Come on, Matthew. Stop picking on 🙈every single detail when it comes to looks." Well, this is something that I will never stop. How caring they are about the details of their appearance tells me many things about a person. 

Well, clearly for me, it was the eyebrows !





Before I got to know the details about MICROBLADING MY BROWS, I didn't really like the choices laid in front of me. The next most popular thing is permanent brow tattooing, and it has been around for a while, but there are plenty complications there. I have been doing intense research for the past year, and as a makeup artist I already know that permanent makeup can have some pretty harsh impacts on your skin, like infections, blistering, granulomas, and the list goes on. But even if you're able to avoid that by using safe inks which I myself being a makeup artist can manage to get, there is one drawback you can't avoid with permanent eyebrows tattooing or derma-pigmentation, as it is often known among makeup artists. The real, unavoidable problem which always pulled me back from getting permanent eyebrow tattoos is the unnatural look they give because a traditional tattoo would basically be an outline of the brows filled with color, so you end up with a solid, unreal set of eyebrows. And another problem is that you are stuck with whatever you get for a pretty long time because these permanent tattoos last for decades. 

Another core issue that arose during my search to make sure I'm getting the best quality treatment and minimize the risk of infection, make sure your technician is qualified and certified by a reputable company. An doing my Eyebrow Microblading research in Toronto looking for brow artist specializes in men's brows. Which I found to be the best choice. First of all, seeing some before and after pictures for people who did Microblading, I was utterly astonished by how natural they looked, and among the results I saw from a plethora of beauty centers, it was unyozi beauty that caught my eyes the most. It was like the people that came out of there were recreated with a new set of brows that they look like they were born with. That is the main thing about Feathering Brows, it's like you get a chance to choose the brows you want to live with, without having to look like you got something printed on your face like the case is with permanent tattoo. 


The outcome is massively dependent on the artist you go to, the needles they use, how they apply them, and also what products they use and the quality of the ink you would be getting on your face but yet again, I'm a makeup artist and generally a skeptic. I'm usually the once standing and doing the work on the other person's face, so I had to know that I would be treated exactly how I treat my own clients. So I called a few places, and when I called "unyozi" , it was Shirley, who I talked to me, she let me in on everything, what types of ink they use at unyozi, it was all high-quality and not tested on animals. And she offered me a free consultation.

You can expect that I showered her with questions about every single aspect of the process, and I can't imagine 
how much patience it took, especially 
from Shirley, to answer me about every single detail like she did, without showing me the door!! Shirley was extremely understanding and she didn't shy away one bit from giving me all the answers I needed to make up my mind. 


She also explained that it is very important that all tools used are completely sterilized to avoid the transmission of infectious bacteria’s. There is no reuse of needles or blades, everything is disposable at her studio.  

That was what tipped the scale for me, when I saw the amount of expertise, she has and she was in full understanding of what she is doing. I was definitely assured that this is where I will get the desired results I was shown the equipment, the products, everything. As she opened the packages in from of me! I was very inquisitive, because what I would be having on my face, even if not permanently, is no small deal. One type of bad ink can harm my skin for life !! 


And after about 30 minutes of microblading a few times and applying the dye, I was off to a new start with my new eyebrows. 



Microblading is a semi-permanent tattooing, of course, but, the feathering stroke technique they use let them artistically draw the new eyebrows rather than just print them. Because they use very minute needles, each brow hair is hand-drawn, then they use dye to color it up and this color is absorbed into the very slight nicks that were drawn. After a few times of applying the dye, you're off to a new start with your new eyebrows. Another example of the flexibility you get with microblading, was that it is technically a semi-permanent set of eyebrows, not a permanent one as many people think. They fade away very gradually, so I figured, if I'm comfortable with the way they're looking, I can get a top-up, and if not, I'll be losing them after a while anyway and then I can get any other shape I want. So, even if not, I will be losing them after a while anyway and then I can get any other shape I want or if the current shape starts growing out of trend or anything, Microblading still gives me more options in the future. Basically, I came to know that you're not stuck with how your eyebrows naturally are and that they're practically just a trial set that you're born with. 

If you don't like them, you have as many options for eyebrow shapes as eyebrows come inI believe that male or female, old or young, your face is too precious to leave without trying to perfect every detail about it. It's what you present to the people around you, and a pretty face is something that should be appreciated, whether it belongs to a guy or a girl.

Its comforting to know that Im celebrating my birthday to start a new year with new eyebrows. That's a year that won't be eaten up in front of the mirror. I used to spend a lot of time adjusting my eyebrows before doing the Microblading. Now it only takes me 5 minutes and they end up looking perfect. To someone like me, who cares a big deal about it, this is a truly fresh start for a new period of my life!

I can't imagine anyone but her giving me this outcome. This is how I called it is a real Godsend  to men too. 

               Excited to try more things out in the future and share it with you!!






You May Also Like

0 comments